Thursday 11 April 2013

Salt & Pepper Chicken (Salted Chilli Chicken)

I found this recipe online when I was looking for something different to make for dinners.  It's pretty simple to make and tasty too, it's not exactly the same as the salted chilli chicken that you'd get from the chinese but I still think it's yummy.  You could add more chilli in to taste or perhaps find a way of making it more salty to try and make it more like the chinese if you preferred.  I also cook it for longer as I don't think their timings are right as how could the chicken possibly be cooked in a few minutes. So judge it until the chicken is cooked through.

Salt & Pepper Chicken (Salted Chilli Chicken)


Ingredients (Serves 2)

1 Large green pepper (I sometimes would use a red as well as I like the red flavour better)
1 Large onion
2 Garlic cloves
2 Green or red chillies (or more to taste)
3 - 4 Chicken breasts
90g Breadcrumbs
3 - 4 Pinches of salt
3 - 4 Pinches of sugar
3 Tablespoons olive oil

Method

Slice the chilli peppers, onion pepper and garlic (I crush the garlic for ease) and leave to one side.



Cut the chicken breasts into medium bite sized pieces and coat them in the breadcrumbs.



Heat the oil in the frying pan or wok and add the chicken pieces. Leaves to cook for 3 - 4 minutes on a low - medium heat.

Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Mix the ingredients together and cook for a further 2 minutes.

Add salt and sugar and cook until the chicken is cooked and the breadcrumbs are brown.

Serve with boiled rice or as a starter with dip.

Enjoy and let me know how yours turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment